Padmashri P.A. Vaidya (Hon. General Secretary)
This is age-old institution of sports and physical education in the country. Established in the year 1914 and celebrating its centenary in the year 2014. This holy place is blessed with foot prints of freedom fighters, social workers, social reformers of all the time. It has a very rich heritage promoting Indian traditional sport and physical culture. The activities of the institution blended patriotism and quality education in blood of its students. It is a mini India wherein you can see students right from Jammu & Kashmir up to Kanyakumari every year seek admission and shape their future in the field of sports and physical education. This is the first of its kind a fully developed sports complex established and managed by private management. The sports facilities for many competitive sports are indigenously developed by the Institution with coaching facility. We believe in the fact that “A sound mind lives in a sound body” therefore physical fitness training and education should cater together. Social responsiveness is also very essential and should impart in the training programme. This Institution is active in many social activities: The ‘Help Line’ is established to help any person especially Girls/Women who are in trouble. The ‘Child Line’ is established to help children in need. We started ‘Shetkari Jagruti Abhiyan’ to help the family of farmers who committed suicide and to boost up moral of their family members. Hon. Prime-Minister of India has taken note of this and appreciated this activity. The institution is marching ahead with its policies and principles. Our slogan is “Age Badho Sabse Age Badho”.
He has completed B.PE. from LNCPE., Gwalior(1960) and M.Ed.(Phy.Edn.) Patiala(1966).
DESIGNATION AND OFFICES HELD:
- Hon. Gen. Secretary, Shree Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal Amravati.
- Ex-Principal, Shree H.V.P. Mandal’s Degree College of Physical Education, Amravati. (1967 to 1992)
- Founder President, National Association of Phy.Edn. & Sports
- Vice President of :
- Mah. State Association of Sports Medicine
- Mah. State Gymnastic Association.
- District Chief Commissioner of Amravati Bharat Scout-Guide Sanstha.
- Member of International Associations like:
- International Council of H.P.Edn.& Recreation, New York, USA.
- International Association of Colleges of Physical Education, Spain.
- Members of Academic Bodies :
- Nagpur University – 1979 to 1981
- Chairman – Board of Studies of Phy. Edn.
- Dean – Faculty of Education.
- Member – Academic Council.
- Nagpur University – 1979 to 1981
- Amravati University
- Chairman – Board of Studies of Phy. Edn.1983 to 1986
- Member of Academic Council – 1989 to 1990
- Member of Executive Committee – 1988 to 1989
- Member of Doctoral Research Committee- 1988 to 1989
- Amravati University
- Mah. State Sec. & Higher Sec. Board
- Board of Studies in Physical Education.
- Member – 1986 to 1987
- Chairman – 1988 to 1990
- Partipated as A Member of Indian Team
- For World Lingiad Festival at Stock Holm, Sweden (1949)
- IIIrd World Congress of Physical Education Istambul, Turkey (1953).
- For giving demonstration of Indian Physical Culture Visited Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, England & Germany (1949)
- Turkey, Iran, Iraq & Syria (1953)
He has more than 45 years of Teaching experience.
- Shiv Chhatrapati Award State Award of Maharashtra in Sports (1976)
- Best Teacher Award, Govt. of Mah.(1987)
- Best Old Student Award, LNCPE, Gwalior (1991)
- First Karmavir Kannamwar Award For Social Work (1998)
- Dadaji Didolkar Award For Social Work (2002)
- Paul Harris Fellow International Award For Furtherance of Better Understanding and Friendly Relations Among People of the World(2003)
- Ramchandra Purushottam Ganorkar Smruti Samajik Puraskar For Social Work (2005)
- Shiv Chhatrapati Jiwan Gaurav Puraskar – (2006) the Highest Award of Govt. of Maharashtra in Sport was conferred on 08/02/2006.
- ‘Krida Jivanvrati Sanman’ award was bestowed by Maharashtra Amature Athletic Association Nagpur, In the Year 2006.
- ‘Vidarbha Gaurav’ Award announced by Krishi Vikas Pratishthan, Nagpur in the memory of Late Maniklal Gandhi.
- Shri Sant Gadge Baba Social Work Award 2010 in rememberance of Late Nagoravji Jayramji Metkar was awarded to Shri P.A. Vaidya, Hon. Gen. Secretary on 22 Jan 2011 in Shri Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.
- Maharashtra State Bharat Scouts and Guides Lifetime Achievement Award 2009-2010 for dedicated service to Scout guide movement throughout his life.
- Vidarbha Bhushan Puraskar -2010 was bestowed by Vidarbha Samaj Sangha, Mumbai in 18th Annual Function on 20/02/2011
- Padma Shree Award (2012), the Highest award by Indian Government.
- Krida Maharshi from Shankaracharya Vasudevanand Saraswati (2012)
- Jivan Gaurav Award from D.Y. Patil University Society was given on 29/12/2012
- A public felicitation program was organized in his honor by Amravatians with the hands of Former C.M. of Maharashtra Shri Manohar Joshi.
- Dr. A.P.J. Kalam has felicitated Shri P.A. Vaidya on 19 Jan 2011 for his extraordinary work.
- Felicitation by Brahman Sabha, Amravati in presence of Shri Ram Shevalkar
- Felicitation by Chandrapur’s Sarvoday Shikshan Mandal.
Write up indicating destination attained / achievements in the field of Physical Education, Sports and Social Work is attached herewith.
A. PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS
- Achieved ‘A’ Grade from NAAC, Banglore for Degree College of Physical Education in 2004-05. It is only private Physical Education College in India accredited with this excellent grade. This college was established in year 1963 which runs BPE, BPEd., DYED., MPEd., courses. Recently in 2012, reaccredited by NAAC after achieving Autonomous status and Potential with excellence, College has received B grade with 2.73 CGPA.
- Developed a beautiful sports complex at the heart of Amravati city on 125 acred land which includes Olympic standard ‘L’ type Swimming Pool, warming up and training Swimming pool for children, huge open stadium, Sports facilities like Indoor Badminton Hall with Indoor Basketball & Volley Ball facilities, Gymnastic hall, Wrestling and Judo Hall, Health Centre, Physiotherapy deptt., Research Laboratory, Yoga and Naturopathy Centre, Two 400m. Cinder Tracks, Aerobic centre, Four cemented Basket Ball Courts, Hockey field, foot ball field. Athletics Arena, Two Turf Cricket Pitch, Handball court, Kabaddi and Kho-Kho grounds. 2000 trainees of different states and nearly 1000 local citizens used these sports facilities daily. In the premises of this sports complex the different courses in education, Physical Education, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Yoga and Naturopathy are run with all facilities in campus at Amravati. A Yoga centre worth Rs. 10 lakhs constructed in Tribal Area Chikhaldara.
- The Mandal had only 5 acres of land before 30 years and after seeing the activities & devotion of the functionaries of the Mandal, several land owners had donated and sold their land near by the Mandal, for Mandal’s activities. Now the Mandal has 125 acres of land.
- Organized Indian Teams for Abroad Participation
- An Indian team of 17 youths sent to Munich in Germany in 1972 to participate in international Olympic student & youth camp.
- A team of 12 girls and women sent to Argentina & Brazil in 1981 for attending International girls and women conference.
- A team of Handball to ltaly 1983 for International Handball tournaments.
- A team of 12 children sent to France for International children gathering in 1985.
- Indian Girls and Women team sent to Javaskyla (Finland) for Participation in International Congress. (1987).
- A team of 25 men and women was sent to Dallas, Texas (USA) to demonstrate Indian Cultural Activities. (1996)
- Organized Inter National and National Competitions
International competitions – Hockey Match France V/s Vidharbh (1973), and Malesia V/s Vidarbha (1975), Wrestling Test Match India V/s Russia (1975)
National Competitions – Junior National Kabaddi Championship (1976), 7th Senior National Archery Championship (1981), 32nd Senior National Kabaddi Championship (1984). 32nd National School Games (1986-87), 12th National Gymnastic Championship (1988), 32nd National Body Building Competition (1993), National Kabaddi Tournaments their organized in December 2006 by Shree H.V.P. Mandal, Amravati and Vidarbha Kabaddi Association, Amravati.
- Organized Seminars and Conferences
• All India Sports Medicine Conference and International Basic Course in sports Medicine for 1st time in India in which 270 participants including Doctors, physicians, Surgeons, Sports Coaches, Physical Educationist, Physio-Therapist from Medical Colleges, Railway, Services, Police force, Colleges of Physical Education. and Sports Councils from all over India Participated. Dr. J.G.P. Williams, Secretary General, International Association Of sports medicine –England and Dr. P.N.Sperin, Secretary of British Association Of Sports Medicine delivered key lectures at this course. This was organized in 1976 at Amravati.
- A All India Seminar on Sports Journalism in 1983.
- First All India Sport Statistics Seminar – 1985
- Fifth National Yoga Sammelan – 1986
- All India Sports Psychology Seminar – 1987,Dr. Catty from USA addressed the seminar
- All India Adapted Physical Education Seminar -1990.
- A Seminar on the application of computer in Physical Education and Sports (1991)
- First All India Seminar on Physical Education And Sports History -1994
- All India Seminar on Physical Education Teachers Training programme – ‘Problems and Prospects’ was organized on 23-24 February 2002. It was attended by physical Education Directors of Universities & Principle of Physical Education Colleges from all over India.
- Dr. A. N. Maheshwari, president NCTE, Delhi, inaugurated and delivered the key-note address. Dr. Sudhir Patil Vice-Chancellor, Amravati University, Amravati presided over the function.
- Organized Coaching Camps
Two time coaching camp for Archers under guidance of Russian Coach, Wrestling Coaching Camp, Judo Coaching Camp under guidance of Judoca Taniguchi-Japan, Yoga Coaching Camp for China Girls, Mallkhamb Coaching Camp for Korian Students.
B. SOCIAL WORKS ORGANIZED
1. *Youth rally for National Solidarity and Integration, Delhi (1985), in which 10,000 students and youths from all over India participated
*Organized 10 Camps at border areas of Gujrat, Rajasthan, Manipur and Kashmir in 1989 and 1990.
*Every year conduct of National Integration Camp. 100 youth of different cast, creed and religion from all over India participate in it.
*The student from all state like Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur, Gujrat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu-Kashmir, West Bengal, UP. etc. seek the admission every year since 30 Years for physical Education Courses and participate in the National Integration Camp organized by the Mandal to express their Solidarity towards fraternity and Unity as “Hum Sub Ek Hain”.
2. At Mowad Dist. Nagpur – 1991, Akola, Chandur, Tiwsa Dist. Amravati. Flood Relief work like providing Medical Aid. Meal, Drinking Water, Clearing Roads, Construction to Temporary Homes, Saving Life of people in flooded area was organized.
3. Thousands of youths and girls are motivated to donate the blood to needy patients through Blood Donation Camps organized every year on 1st January, 26th January, 3rd June, 15th August and 9th September.
4. It is usual practices to help State, University, Corporation, Revenue, Transport & Electric Department of state in organizing their program at Mandal’s Sports premises and Vidarbha Cricket Association to organized International One Day / Test matches at Nagpur.
5. *Started Mushroom production and training center at Chikhaldara to encourage Tribal’s for business of Mushroom cultivation and to feed nutritive diet to them . Thousand Tribal’s were benifited.
*Organized Yuva Adiwasi Sammelan in 1996 for eradication of Superstition and Helth checking camps at tribal area of Chikhaldara.
*Launched Sports Talent Nuture Scheme for Pre-primary / Primary level children.
6. Establish ‘Amravati Vikas Mahanagar Vikas Samiti’ for Social Work to Provide water to scarcity area, to maintain religious harmony in riot, to provide Financial Help to Fire Victim, to Repair Mandir, Masjid and Monuments.
7. *To conduct Free of charge Plastic Surgery Camp for Poor through “First Start Institute” of America. Major defects of hundreds of handicaps are corrected every year.
*To conduct Free of charge Camp for Squint correction every year. Up till 500 peoples are benefitted.
*Physiotherapy, Swimming, Yoga and Naturopathy Facilities are available free of charge by the 200 Blind, Deaf, Dumb and Handicapped boys and girls to make correction and development in them through exercise and guidance by experts. Sports for blind and Handicap are also organized.
*Took Initiative and Establishment Late Ambadspant Vaidya Remand Home at Wazzar Phata, The Paratwada Dist. Amravati for totally Blind, Mentally retired and Handicap. Seventy three orphan children adopted from all over Maharashtra are being well nutured and made self dependant. A happy marriage of Two of the orphan girls were arranged. Many dignitaries attended the same.
C. CHILD LINE
The Mandal has started “Child-Line” program under the guidance of Shri Prabhakarraoji Vaidya for the children, with the co-operation central Government for the rehabilitation of the missing children. It provides all necessary help, like shelter, meals and clothes etc. to the distressed children.
D. HELP LINE
*The pathetic situation has been created due to the suiceds of several farmers in 6 Districts of Vidarbha region due to the load shading, insufficient rainfalls, lack of irrigation and ancillary project, poverty, pressure of money lenders and bank loans, unemployment, dis-interest in farming of youth generation. Looking after this pathetic situation o the formers, the Mandal has launched “Vidarbha Shetkari Jagruti Abhiyan” in joint collaboration of Bank of Maharashtra, Shri Shivaji Shikshan Sanstha, Amravati, Gajanan Maharaj Sansthan, Shegaon and Siddhi Vinayak Group, keeping in mind the national slogan “Jai Jawan-Jai Kisan” under the able guidance of Shri. Prabhakarraoji A. Vaidya.
*The main object of this program is to educate the farmers about latest new technic of farming, handling of sophisticated farm equipments and to suggest corrective measure to make the farmers positive towards the life. All the team workers of this Abhiyan are working efficiently.
*Thousands of farmers were displaced by the heavy down-pour and furry of the flood in the Amravati, Anjangaon and Daryapur Tahsil before two years. Several distressed families of farmer from these region were provided with the Grains, Blankets, Clothes, Sarees and Utensils for their domestic purposes under the emergency help by the Mandal. Mandal also sent a team of expert Life Guird to save the lives of the people from the flood affected area mentioned above. Several live Stock, Men, Women and Children were helped out from the flood furry and save lives.
*The Mandal had also extended Financial Support to 100 Fruit Shop Keepers of Itwari Bazar who were affected by the fire in 2009 to restart their business, as well as Mandal has provide 2 times meal and clothing for continuously 15 days to 200 peoples residing in the huts of Badnera who were affected by the fire in 2009.
*In this Abhiyan all Farmers from various villages from 6 Districts of Vidarbha will be given Special coaching on various aspects of farming by experts from Shri Shivaji Agriculture College, Amravti and Financial Support will be provided to the farmers by Bank of Maharashtra. The Mandal will provide lodging and boarding, travelling facilities to the farmers attending the Camps. Panjabrao Krushi Vidhyapeeth, Akola has arranged the exibution of sophisticated farming equipments at the campus of Mandal.
*This program is being run on every Saturday and Sunday. Till now 2000 farmers have taken advantage.
*To run this programme, village-wise constructive committees are formed to solve the problems of local farmers and to get them information of latest projects of State and Central Govt. to help them. Farmers will be supported morally by members of the committee to gate their problems solved through Government offices. This program has trained 60,000 farmers from 6 districts of Vidarbha region and Strong body will evolve through this mission, provided by Mandals moto “Aage Badho-Sabse Aage Badho” by providing them free lodging and boarding in mandal. Due to this program no one has committed sucide out of 60.000 trained farmers and hence Mandal has decide to train 40000 more farmers within a period of 2 years (i.e.total 1 Lac Farmers)
Mandal has also decided to train 1 lac young boys of farmers without charging any fees from rural areas of districts of Vidarbha, in Wrestling, Mallakhamb, Double Bar and other sports etc. to spread up the importance of physical education and to open Akhada at their destination. The said programme will be continued for a long period, in which 100 young boys from rural area will be participated in each month. The Mandal will provide free loading, boarding and travelling facilities to the participants.
In this regard the delegation of Mandal consisting of people’s representatives and NGO’s under chairmanship of Shri. P.A.Vaidya make concerned. Minister of Maharashtra, Chief Minister, Hon’ble Governer, Hon’ble Prime Minister and briefed them about the plight of the farmers of the Vidarbha region to realize the gravity of the situation. These remedial measures undertaken by Mandal to the satisfaction of affected farmers showed immediate good effect in uplifting them.
Mandal’s president Sushree Nirmalatai Deshpande, M.P., appraised Hon’ble Prime Minister about the work done by Vidarbha Shetkari Jagruti Abhiyan, which was appreciated by Hon’ble Prime Minister by sending praise worthy note that “The Abhiyan to help distressed farmers help them regain their self confidence. It is not just minority assistance but also community support that will help relieve the farmers of their distressed. The fact that this Abhiyan has brought about a change in the attitude of other agencies shown the power the collective action”.Hon’ble Prime Minister sent his congratulations for our efforts to President of Mandal Sushree Nirmalatai Deshapande.
Shree Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal,
Tele : 0721-2572670
Fax : 0721-2572757
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org