Dr. S. H. Deshpande, Director of Collegiate Section and Treasurer
A small club founded in the year 1914 by the group of freedom fighters, is now transformed into a multi-faculty and multi-disciplinary educational and sports complex with a student strength of 6000 plus and additional 1000 more including teaching – non teaching staff , senior citizens , local schools, college students and disabled.
H.V.P. Mandal manages its own National & International level activities apart from the management of colleges of Physical Education, College of Engineering and Technology, College of Ayurved, Jr. College of Education , Ramkrishna Krida Vidyalaya and Jr. college, Girijan Vidyalaya, Ashram shalas (Tribal Schools) in remote tribal belt of Amravati District, a KG and Primary Schools etc.
The Institutions is spread over a campus of about 90 acres and outside 30 acres of valuable land. The campus is equipped with sports and infrastructural facilities , which include Olympic standard Swimming Pool, 400 mtr. Track , Indoor Badminton stadium, Outdoor stadium , Health club, Aerobic centre , students amenities like Hostels , library , research laboratories, computer centre, staff quarters etc. The entire complex is fully utilized by students population and others right from morning 5’O clock to night 9.00 pm.
The special characteristics of this unique institutions is : it is non-political , secular , voluntary social and being fully managed by the private body with democratic principles and practices. It is open to all irrespective of caste , religion or gender. This status with its ideology and values is preserved by the management through these years, and now the institution is on the threshold of celebrating its centenary in befitting manner. An extensive and wide-spread programme is prepared including Global conference on traditional physical culture and sports to be hosted in January 2013.
He has completed B.P.E.,M.Ed.(Phy. Edu.), Ph.D.
1. General Secretary, National Association of Physical Education & Sports.(NAPES-INDIA)
2. Director, Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal (Premier Institute of Physical Education & Sports)
Principal, Degree College of Physical Education, Amravati (Maharashtra) 1993-2000.
OFFICE OF AUTHORITY HELD:
- National Vice President, Youth Hostels Association of India, New Delhi. (2002-2005)
- President, YHAI, State Branch Maharashtra (1992-2002).
- General Secretary, Maharashtra State Branch of Sports Medicine (1973-84).
- General Secretary, Maharashtra Amateur Gymnastics Association (1990-99).
- Member, Committee for National Youth programme, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, new Delhi.(1986-94)
- Physical Education in Ancient India : published by: Bharatiya Vidya Prakashan, New Delhi 1992.
- “Manav Kriya Vidnyan”: A book on Kinesiology in Hindi language, Published by: H.V.P.Mandal, Amravati 1987.
- Swantryachya Ladhyat” ( a book on role of H.V.P.Mandal Amravati in National Freedom Movement of India) H.V.P.Mandal’ Publication 1994.
- ‘Research Bi-Annual For Movement’ H.V.P.Mandal Publication
- ‘Vyayam Vidnyan’ (Quarterly Journal)- H.V.P.Mandal’s Publication- English & Hindi. (1970-1999)
Organized and led students and youth team of H.V.P.Mandal to:
- International Students and Youth Camp Worzburg Germany 1972 at the time of Olympic Games at Munich.
- International Congress on Movement and Sport in Women’s Life: University of Jyvaskyla – Finland 1987.
- All-India Students and Youth Rally for National Integration and Solidarity at New Delhi in 1985 on the eve of INTERNATIONAL YOUTH YEAR.
- Several tour and treks all over India on behalf of HVP Mandal and YHAI State Branch.
- Pre- Olympic Scientific Congress- Seoul South Korea 1988. (Paper presentation).
- 5th World Conference on Physical Education- Havana(Cuba) July 2010 Orgd. By ICSSPE (Paper Presentation).
- 7th World Conference on Sport, Culture and Education- Durban S. Africa –December 2010. Orgd.by: International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- Worked on the Committee on National Youth Programme (CONYP) of Ministry of HRD and assisted in the drafting National Youth Policy. (1986-87)
- Served on the Committee for proposing election procedure of Youth Hostels Association of India New Delhi– 1998.
- Prepared and submitted to YHAI New Delhi “Plan of Activities And Programme for the Promotion of Youth Hostel Movement In North East India.-1999-2000.
- Organized All India Seminar on Teacher Training Programme at Amravati – Feb.2002.
MEMBERSHIP OF ACADEMIC BODIES :
- Former Dean, Faculty of Education, Amravati University, Amravati (1988-1990).
- Former Member:- a) Academic Council, b) Senate, c) Board of University Teaching and Research, d) Doctoral Research Committee –Amravati University, Amravati.
- Ph.D. examiner and paper setter of PG exams. of various Universities in India.
LIFE MEMBERSHIP :
- Shree Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal, Amravati (Premier Institute of Physical Education & Sports – India.)
- Youth Hostels Association of India, New Delhi.
- Indian Association of Sports Medicine. New Delhi.
- National Association of Physical Education & Sports.
INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP :
International Council of Sports Sciences and Physical Education (ICSSPE). Berlin-Germany.
Shree Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal,
Resi : 0721-2574988
Fax : 0721-2572757
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org