He has completed B.PE. from LNCPE., Gwalior(1960) and
DESIGNATION AND OFFICES HELD:
- Hon. Gen. Secretary, Shree Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal
- Ex-Principal, Shree H.V.P. Mandal’s Degree College
of Physical Education, Amravati. (1967 to 1992)
- Founder President, National Association of Phy.Edn. &
- Vice President of :
District Chief Commissioner of Amravati Bharat Scout-Guide
Member of International Associations like:
- Mah. State Association of Sports Medicine
- Mah. State Gymnastic Association.
Members of Academic Bodies :
- International Council of H.P.Edn.& Recreation, New York, USA.
- International Association of Colleges of Physical Education, Spain.
- Nagpur University – 1979 to 1981
- Chairman – Board of Studies of Phy. Edn.
- Dean – Faculty of Education.
- Member – Academic Council.
Mah. State Sec. & Higher Sec. Board
- Amravati University
- Chairman – Board of Studies of Phy. Edn.1983 to 1986
- Member of Academic Council - 1989 to 1990
- Member of Executive Committee - 1988 to 1989
- Member of Doctoral Research Committee- 1988 to 1989
Partipated as A Member of Indian Team
- Board of Studies in Physical Education.
- Member – 1986 to 1987
- Chairman – 1988 to 1990
- For World Lingiad Festival at Stock Holm, Sweden (1949)
- IIIrd World Congress of Physical Education Istambul, Turkey (1953).
- For giving demonstration of Indian Physical Culture Visited Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, England & Germany (1949)
- Turkey, Iran, Iraq & Syria (1953)
He has more than 45 years of Teaching experience.
- Shiv Chhatrapati Award State Award of Maharashtra in Sports (1976)
- Best Teacher Award, Govt. of Mah.(1987)
- Best Old Student Award, LNCPE, Gwalior (1991)
- First Karmavir Kannamwar Award For Social Work (1998)
- Dadaji Didolkar Award For Social Work (2002)
- Paul Harris Fellow International Award For Furtherance of Better Understanding and Friendly Relations Among People
of the World(2003)
- Ramchandra Purushottam Ganorkar Smruti Samajik Puraskar
For Social Work (2005)
- Shiv Chhatrapati Jiwan Gaurav Puraskar -
(2006) the Highest Award of Govt. of Maharashtra in Sport
was conferred on 08/02/2006.
- ‘Krida Jivanvrati Sanman’ award was bestowed
by Maharashtra Amature Athletic Association Nagpur, In the
- ‘Vidarbha Gaurav’ Award announced by Krishi
Vikas Pratishthan, Nagpur in the memory of Late Maniklal
- Shri Sant Gadge Baba Social Work Award 2010 in rememberance
of Late Nagoravji Jayramji Metkar was awarded to Shri P.A.
Vaidya, Hon. Gen. Secretary on 22 Jan 2011 in Shri Sant
Gadge Baba Amravati University.
- Maharashtra State Bharat Scouts and Guides Lifetime Achievement
Award 2009-2010 for dedicated service to Scout guide movement
throughout his life.
- Vidarbha Bhushan Puraskar -2010 was bestowed by Vidarbha
Samaj Sangha, Mumbai in 18th Annual Function on 20/02/2011
- Padma Shree Award (2012), the Highest
award by Indian Government.
- Krida Maharshi from Shankaracharya Vasudevanand Saraswati
- Jivan Gaurav Award from D.Y. Patil University Society
was given on 29/12/2012
- A public felicitation program was organized
in his honor by Amravatians with the hands of Former C.M.
of Maharashtra Shri Manohar Joshi.
- Dr. A.P.J. Kalam has felicitated Shri P.A. Vaidya on
19 Jan 2011 for his extraordinary work.
- Felicitation by Brahman Sabha, Amravati in presence
of Shri Ram Shevalkar
- Felicitation by Chandrapur’s Sarvoday
Write up indicating destination attained / achievements
in the field of Physical Education, Sports and Social
Work is attached herewith.
A. PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS
- Achieved ‘A’ Grade from NAAC, Banglore for
Degree College of Physical Education in 2004-05. It is only
private Physical Education College in India accredited with
this excellent grade. This college was established in year
1963 which runs BPE, BPEd., DYED., MPEd., courses. Recently
in 2012, reaccredited by NAAC after achieving Autonomous status
and Potential with excellence, College has received B grade
with 2.73 CGPA.
- Developed a beautiful sports complex at the heart of Amravati
city on 125 acred land which includes Olympic standard ‘L’
type Swimming Pool, warming up and training Swimming pool
for children, huge open stadium, Sports facilities like Indoor
Badminton Hall with Indoor Basketball & Volley Ball facilities,
Gymnastic hall, Wrestling and Judo Hall, Health Centre, Physiotherapy
deptt., Research Laboratory, Yoga and Naturopathy Centre,
Two 400m. Cinder Tracks, Aerobic centre, Four cemented Basket
Ball Courts, Hockey field, foot ball field. Athletics Arena,
Two Turf Cricket Pitch, Handball court, Kabaddi and Kho-Kho
grounds. 2000 trainees of different states and nearly 1000
local citizens used these sports facilities daily. In the
premises of this sports complex the different courses in education,
Physical Education, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Yoga and
Naturopathy are run with all facilities in campus at Amravati.
A Yoga centre worth Rs. 10 lakhs constructed in Tribal Area
- The Mandal had only 5 acres of land before 30 years
and after seeing the activities & devotion of the
functionaries of the Mandal, several land owners had donated
and sold their land near by the Mandal, for Mandal’s
activities. Now the Mandal has 125 acres of land.
- Organized Indian Teams for Abroad Participation
- An Indian team of 17 youths sent to Munich in
Germany in 1972 to participate in international Olympic
student & youth camp.
- A team of 12 girls and women sent to Argentina
& Brazil in 1981 for attending International girls
and women conference.
- A team of Handball to ltaly 1983 for International
- A team of 12 children sent to France for International
children gathering in 1985.
- Indian Girls and Women team sent to Javaskyla
(Finland) for Participation in International Congress.
- A team of 25 men and women was sent to Dallas,
Texas (USA) to demonstrate Indian Cultural Activities.
- Organized Inter National and National Competitions
International competitions – Hockey Match France
V/s Vidharbh (1973), and Malesia V/s Vidarbha (1975),
Wrestling Test Match India V/s Russia (1975)
National Competitions – Junior National Kabaddi
Championship (1976), 7th Senior National Archery Championship
(1981), 32nd Senior National Kabaddi Championship (1984).
32nd National School Games (1986-87), 12th National Gymnastic
Championship (1988), 32nd National Body Building Competition
(1993), National Kabaddi Tournaments their organized in
December 2006 by Shree H.V.P. Mandal, Amravati and Vidarbha
Kabaddi Association, Amravati.
- Organized Seminars and Conferences
• All India Sports Medicine Conference and International
Basic Course in sports Medicine for 1st time in India in which
270 participants including Doctors, physicians, Surgeons,
Sports Coaches, Physical Educationist, Physio-Therapist from
Medical Colleges, Railway, Services, Police force, Colleges
of Physical Education. and Sports Councils from all over India
Participated. Dr. J.G.P. Williams, Secretary General, International
Association Of sports medicine –England and Dr. P.N.Sperin,
Secretary of British Association Of Sports Medicine delivered
key lectures at this course. This was organized in 1976 at
Organized Coaching Camps
- A All India Seminar on Sports Journalism in 1983.
- First All India Sport Statistics Seminar –
- Fifth National Yoga Sammelan – 1986
- All India Sports Psychology Seminar – 1987,Dr.
Catty from USA addressed the seminar
- All India Adapted Physical Education Seminar -1990.
- A Seminar on the application of computer in Physical
Education and Sports (1991)
- First All India Seminar on Physical Education
And Sports History -1994
- All India Seminar on Physical Education Teachers
Training programme – ‘Problems and Prospects’
was organized on 23-24 February 2002. It was attended by physical Education Directors of
Universities & Principle of Physical Education Colleges
from all over India.
- Dr. A. N. Maheshwari, president NCTE, Delhi, inaugurated
and delivered the key-note address. Dr. Sudhir Patil Vice-Chancellor,
Amravati University, Amravati presided over the function.
Two time coaching camp for Archers under guidance of Russian
Coach, Wrestling Coaching Camp, Judo Coaching Camp under
guidance of Judoca Taniguchi-Japan, Yoga Coaching Camp
for China Girls, Mallkhamb Coaching Camp for Korian Students.
B. SOCIAL WORKS ORGANIZED
1. *Youth rally for National Solidarity and Integration,
Delhi (1985), in which 10,000 students and youths from
all over India participated
*Organized 10 Camps at border areas of Gujrat, Rajasthan,
Manipur and Kashmir in 1989 and 1990.
*Every year conduct of National Integration Camp. 100
youth of different cast, creed and religion from all over
India participate in it.
*The student from all state like Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur,
Gujrat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu-Kashmir, West Bengal,
UP. etc. seek the admission every year since 30 Years
for physical Education Courses and participate in the
National Integration Camp organized by the Mandal to express
their Solidarity towards fraternity and Unity as “Hum
Sub Ek Hain”.
2. At Mowad Dist. Nagpur – 1991, Akola, Chandur,
Tiwsa Dist. Amravati. Flood Relief work like providing
Medical Aid. Meal, Drinking Water, Clearing Roads, Construction
to Temporary Homes, Saving Life of people in flooded area
3. Thousands of youths and girls are motivated to donate
the blood to needy patients through Blood Donation Camps
organized every year on 1st January, 26th January, 3rd
June, 15th August and 9th September.
4. It is usual practices to help State, University, Corporation,
Revenue, Transport & Electric Department of state
in organizing their program at Mandal’s Sports premises
and Vidarbha Cricket Association to organized International
One Day / Test matches at Nagpur.
5. *Started Mushroom production and training center at
Chikhaldara to encourage Tribal’s for business of
Mushroom cultivation and to feed nutritive diet to them
. Thousand Tribal’s were benifited.
*Organized Yuva Adiwasi Sammelan in 1996 for eradication
of Superstition and Helth checking camps at tribal area
*Launched Sports Talent Nuture Scheme for Pre-primary
/ Primary level children.
6. Establish ‘Amravati Vikas Mahanagar Vikas Samiti’
for Social Work to Provide water to scarcity area, to
maintain religious harmony in riot, to provide Financial
Help to Fire Victim, to Repair Mandir, Masjid and Monuments.
7. *To conduct Free of charge Plastic Surgery Camp for
Poor through “First Start Institute” of America.
Major defects of hundreds of handicaps are corrected every
*To conduct Free of charge Camp for Squint correction
every year. Up till 500 peoples are benefitted.
*Physiotherapy, Swimming, Yoga and Naturopathy Facilities
are available free of charge by the 200 Blind, Deaf, Dumb
and Handicapped boys and girls to make correction and
development in them through exercise and guidance by experts.
Sports for blind and Handicap are also organized.
*Took Initiative and Establishment Late Ambadspant Vaidya
Remand Home at Wazzar Phata, The Paratwada Dist. Amravati
for totally Blind, Mentally retired and Handicap. Seventy
three orphan children adopted from all over Maharashtra
are being well nutured and made self dependant. A happy
marriage of Two of the orphan girls were arranged. Many
dignitaries attended the same.
C. CHILD LINE
The Mandal has started “Child-Line” program
under the guidance of Shri Prabhakarraoji Vaidya for the
children, with the co-operation central Government for
the rehabilitation of the missing children. It provides
all necessary help, like shelter, meals and clothes etc.
to the distressed children.
D. HELP LINE
*The pathetic situation has been created due to the suiceds
of several farmers in 6 Districts of Vidarbha region due
to the load shading, insufficient rainfalls, lack of irrigation
and ancillary project, poverty, pressure of money lenders
and bank loans, unemployment, dis-interest in farming
of youth generation. Looking after this pathetic situation
o the formers, the Mandal has launched “Vidarbha
Shetkari Jagruti Abhiyan” in joint collaboration
of Bank of Maharashtra, Shri Shivaji Shikshan Sanstha,
Amravati, Gajanan Maharaj Sansthan, Shegaon and Siddhi
Vinayak Group, keeping in mind the national slogan “Jai
Jawan-Jai Kisan” under the able guidance of Shri.
Prabhakarraoji A. Vaidya.
*The main object of this program is to educate the farmers
about latest new technic of farming, handling of sophisticated
farm equipments and to suggest corrective measure to make
the farmers positive towards the life. All the team workers
of this Abhiyan are working efficiently.
*Thousands of farmers were displaced by the heavy down-pour
and furry of the flood in the Amravati, Anjangaon and
Daryapur Tahsil before two years. Several distressed families
of farmer from these region were provided with the Grains,
Blankets, Clothes, Sarees and Utensils for their domestic
purposes under the emergency help by the Mandal. Mandal
also sent a team of expert Life Guird to save the lives
of the people from the flood affected area mentioned above.
Several live Stock, Men, Women and Children were helped
out from the flood furry and save lives.
*The Mandal had also extended Financial Support to 100
Fruit Shop Keepers of Itwari Bazar who were affected by
the fire in 2009 to restart their business, as well as
Mandal has provide 2 times meal and clothing for continuously
15 days to 200 peoples residing in the huts of Badnera
who were affected by the fire in 2009.
*In this Abhiyan all Farmers from various villages from
6 Districts of Vidarbha will be given Special coaching
on various aspects of farming by experts from Shri Shivaji
Agriculture College, Amravti and Financial Support will
be provided to the farmers by Bank of Maharashtra. The
Mandal will provide lodging and boarding, travelling facilities
to the farmers attending the Camps. Panjabrao Krushi Vidhyapeeth,
Akola has arranged the exibution of sophisticated farming
equipments at the campus of Mandal.
*This program is being run on every Saturday and Sunday.
Till now 2000 farmers have taken advantage.
*To run this programme, village-wise constructive committees
are formed to solve the problems of local farmers and
to get them information of latest projects of State and
Central Govt. to help them. Farmers will be supported
morally by members of the committee to gate their problems
solved through Government offices. This program has trained
60,000 farmers from 6 districts of Vidarbha region and
Strong body will evolve through this mission, provided
by Mandals moto “Aage Badho-Sabse Aage Badho”
by providing them free lodging and boarding in mandal.
Due to this program no one has committed sucide out of
60.000 trained farmers and hence Mandal has decide to
train 40000 more farmers within a period of 2 years (i.e.total
1 Lac Farmers)
Mandal has also decided to train 1 lac young boys of farmers
without charging any fees from rural areas of districts
of Vidarbha, in Wrestling, Mallakhamb, Double Bar and
other sports etc. to spread up the importance of physical
education and to open Akhada at their destination. The
said programme will be continued for a long period, in
which 100 young boys from rural area will be participated
in each month. The Mandal will provide free loading, boarding
and travelling facilities to the participants.
In this regard the delegation of Mandal consisting of
people’s representatives and NGO’s under chairmanship
of Shri. P.A.Vaidya make concerned. Minister of Maharashtra,
Chief Minister, Hon’ble Governer, Hon’ble
Prime Minister and briefed them about the plight of the
farmers of the Vidarbha region to realize the gravity
of the situation. These remedial measures undertaken by
Mandal to the satisfaction of affected farmers showed
immediate good effect in uplifting them.
Mandal’s president Sushree Nirmalatai Deshpande,
M.P., appraised Hon’ble Prime Minister about the
work done by Vidarbha Shetkari Jagruti Abhiyan, which
was appreciated by Hon’ble Prime Minister by sending
praise worthy note that “The Abhiyan to help distressed
farmers help them regain their self confidence. It is
not just minority assistance but also community support
that will help relieve the farmers of their distressed.
The fact that this Abhiyan has brought about a change
in the attitude of other agencies shown the power the
collective action”.Hon’ble Prime Minister
sent his congratulations for our efforts to President
of Mandal Sushree Nirmalatai Deshapande.
Shree Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal,
Tele : 0721-2572670
Fax : 0721-2572757
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org